Workers’ Comp Attorney Near Your Fountain Valley Home Fights for Your Benefits
Experienced advocacy for injured workers in Orange County, CA
With a population just over 55,000, Fountain Valley is a prototypical bedroom community whose adult residents commute to work throughout Orange County. This suburban haven has numerous middle-class comforts, including three 18-hole golf courses and a 55-acre recreation center with tennis courts, basketball courts and a gymnasium, and less athletically inclined residents can enjoy a leisurely stroll through a 20-acre nature area. . But if you’ve suffered a serious on-the-job injury, those amenities aren’t worth much. Even less, if your workers’ comp claim gets denied. That’s when you need the Tous Law Group. For more than 15 years, our workers’ comp attorneys have fought for clients in Fountain Valley and throughout California, to obtain the benefits they need and deserve.
Office workers in Fountain Valley deserve workers’ comp benefits
When most folks think of workers’ compensation, they imagine blue-collar laborers in risky occupations like construction or manufacturing. But workers’ comp is a mandatory, no-fault insurance program that covers virtually every employee in the state. So, executives, managers, office workers, computer programmers, and so on have just as much a right to claim workers’ comp benefits if their injury or illness is work related.
Common work-related injuries in Fountain Valley include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive motion injuries
- Nerve impingement from nonergonomic workstations
- Stress and strain from overexertion
- Broken bones, concussion and soft-tissue injuries from slip and fall accidents
- Bodily-reaction injuries caused by tripping or slipping without falling
- Trauma from motor vehicle, machinery and equipment accidents
- Trauma from being struck by an object or struck against an object
If you have suffered any work-related injury, our attorneys will assert your rights to full benefits, including medical expenses, lost wages, and permanent disability. We also assist grieving families who have been denied death benefits for the loss of a loved one.
Quick facts about workers’ compensation in Fountain Valley
If you are concerned about your right to file for workers’ compensation, here are some points you should know:
- You are covered from your first day of work.
- Workers’ comp is no-fault insurance, so you are covered even if you cause an accident
- You must notify your employer as soon as possible.
- If you fail to file within 30 days of missing work, knowing that your injury is work-related, you may lose your rights to benefits.
- In most cases you cannot sue your employer for negligence, but you may be able to sue a third party.
- If you disagree with a doctor’s diagnosis, you have a right to a second opinion.
- If you disagree with a disability rating, you have the right to appeal.
You may not be covered for injuries that occur during your commute. Whether you are covered during travel may depend on facts specific to your case. Finally, if your employer says you are not covered because you are a contractor, it may be possible to show you were misclassified and should be eligible. These are instances when you really do need our knowledge and experience on your side.
Contact our workers’ comp attorneys today for your Fountain Valley injury claim
When your workers’ comp claim is denied, the deadline to appeal approaches very quickly. Reliable legal representation can make all the difference in the outcome. For a free consultation with the Tous Law Group, call 714-602-4473 or contact our office online.