Lawyers in Orange County Helping You Recover Just Compensation for Your Work Injuries
A law firm here to get you what you deserve
The legal team at Tous Law Group understands that having work-related injuries upsets your everyday life. We know you are confused. Let us help make sense of the workers’ compensation system so you can recover the benefits you are entitled to receive. We proudly serve hurt employees in Costa Mesa, CA, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Corona and all the surrounding areas. You need an advocate who not only understands your injuries and how being hurt impacts all aspects of your life, but also has the experience to fight your employer and the insurance companies. Let us be your advocate.
Work injuries and what happens when you are injured on the job
Most employers in California are required to carry insurance coverage for workers who are injured while performing their job. Whether you suffer a specific injury resulting from an accident or a cumulative condition that occurs over time, it is important to report your injury, seek medical attention and obtain quality legal representation. We can walk you through the process of getting the medical help you need and getting your medical bills and lost wages paid.
Common types of work injuries
There are many ways an employee can be injured on the job. Most injuries are related to a specific accident, but an injury can also include chronic conditions developed over time. In our years of experience, we have seen several common types of injuries that workers file a workers’ compensation claim for, including:
- Back injury. Injuries to the lower back and lumbar spine are common from lifting, bending and twisting. In severe cases, a back injury can lead to paralysis or other loss of function in one or more limbs or larger portions of the body.
- Cardiac. Hypertension and cardiac injuries can be secondary medical conditions. This means that you suffered a work-related injury and developed hypertension or cardiac issues as a result.
- Repetitive stress injuries. Carpal tunnel syndrome can result from repetitive activities, such as typing or gripping. Back injuries from jobs requiring daily lifting activities can also cause a repetitive stress injury.
- Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a syndrome that results in widespread pain and localized tenderness, and it can be quite limiting for those most affected by it. Fibromyalgia is often attributed to traumatic events such as accidents, surgeries or occupational illnesses.
- Depression. When a severe work injury results in loss of employment, it is not unusual for an injured worker to develop depression. If the depression is chronic, it can interfere with your ability to return to any sort of gainful employment, which can impact your workers’ compensation claim.
- Job-site accidents. Injuries often result from vehicle accidents, equipment accidents, burns and falls from high places. In the most serious incidents, workplace fatalities occur.
Schedule your free consultation with experienced work injury attorneys
Tous Law Group is based out of Costa Mesa, CA, but we also have offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Corona, California, to better serve you. If you are unable to meet in one of our offices, we travel to meet you. And, all cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. Contact us at 714-602-4473 or via our website to schedule your appointment.