Orange County Law Firm Dedicated to Recovering Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Helping injured workers for more than a decade
Being injured on the job can be a traumatic and confusing occurrence. Proper notifications must be given, forms must be completed and investigations are often conducted. It is common for your employer to lose sight of the fact you are injured. The legal team at Tous Law Group understands that you need to focus on recovery. When you have been hurt on the job, we handle the hassles and fighting with the insurance company so you don’t have to.
Benefits available to injured workers
If you have been injured on the job, the attorneys at Tous Law Group can help you understand the workers’ compensation benefits available to you and any third-party claims you may be able to pursue. There are several types of wage replacement benefits, depending on the progress of the claim and the severity of the injury. Some of the benefits available in California include:
- Medical care. Workers’ compensation benefits include payment of your medical care related to your workplace injury or illness.
- Temporary disability benefits. Temporary total disability benefits are paid if you are unable to engage in any type of substantial and gainful employment because of your workplace injury. The minimum temporary disability weekly rate is $160, but depending on your circumstances it can be more.
- Permanent disability benefits. Permanent disability benefits are paid if you are rendered completely and permanently incapable of engaging in any type of substantial and gainful employment because of your workplace injury. The loss of your eyes, hands, arms, feet or legs generally constitutes permanent total disability. The current weekly rate of payment is $1,059.38.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits. If you have a permanent partial disability, you may be entitled to supplemental job displacement benefits, which can be used to pay for educational retraining or skill enhancement.
- Death benefits. Survivors’ benefits are paid to an employee’s surviving spouse and dependent children if death occurs as a result of injury. Burial expenses up to $10,000 are also covered.
If you need help applying for workers’ compensation benefits or you face denied benefits, a workers’ comp lawyer can help. The legal team at Tous Law Group can also assist you with pursuing Social Security disability benefits.
Consult with Tous Law Group to recover the workers’ comp benefits you deserve
Do not delay in pursuing the compensation you are entitled to receive for your work-related injuries. Tous Law Group handles work injury cases throughout California. Contact us at 714-602-4473 or online to schedule your free initial consultation at one of our four locations. And remember, if you do not obtain a recovery, we are not paid a fee.